Homefront Progressives is a grassroots organization connecting like-minded United States veterans, military family members, and their allies. We provide opportunities to engage in the progressive movement via community mobilization, voter education, and recruitment of campaign candidates, campaign surrogates, and volunteers.
Our blog is a place to connect issues with real life and real people. We want to share your story and why you are a Homefront Progressive.
Our voice is one of positive action. We want to see our country move forward together. To do that we have to inspire people to vote, be involved in their communities, and feel included.
- Share a personal story. Why is this issue so important to you? Without a first-person experience, an issue is just an issue, a few words that mean something but doesn’t seem tangible.
- Share how someone can get involved. Is there an organization that is fighting for these rights already that we can join? In the case of legislation, is a politically affiliated organization making it easy to send a letter, sponsoring a lobbying day, or looking for volunteers? Link to their information. We are an action oriented group and want to help those who are already championing our causes.
- Offer criticism, but don’t name call. Criticize a policy or action but do not call people names, this does not lead anywhere. At the end of the day it is a person, they have made a decision, and that decision is what we disagree with. Explain why a different course of action makes more sense or is a better option. We are a military community organization and have to show respect even while we disagree with agenda, executive orders, legislation, etc.
Your Submission Must:
- Convey your message. Don’t beat around the bush, what’s your point? Make it clear.
- Be between 800 and 1,200 words.
- Be written exclusively for Homefront Progressives and is not published anywhere else on the web. Don’t break any copyright laws.
More Nitty Gritty Details
Formatting: Submit your content in Word or plain text format via email. If your post has subheadings, mark them in bold. If you want to link to outside resources or publications, please mark them in italics.
Images: Make sure you own the copyright to any images you submit with your posts.
Editing: All posts on Homefront Progressives are edited. We don’t do massive editing, but we will change titles, correct grammar, and spelling. We edit to put your best work out there.
Bio & Head Shot: Homefront Progressives is a community and we want to empower you! If you submit a post for us to publish, we want to give credit where credit is due. Please include a sentence or two telling us who you are and what you do.
Ready to go? Email submissions to HomefrontProgressives@gmail.com